Friday, December 29, 2006

Christmas is for kids!

Patrick and I are back from a whirlwind visit with both of our families. We feel very blessed, and we had such wonderful times in Decatur and Brentwood. It is always too short, and we are always very sad to go. One of my favorite things about being married is that I inherited the role and title of "aunt." Haley Beth is so special to me. She was the flower girl in our wedding, and she has been a highlight of both of my Christmases in the Crawford family!

Each year we go on the quest to find her the "perfect" gift. It's almost become a competition--in a funny, non-competitive, laughable way. In competitive terms, however, Patrick and I are 2 for 2! Last year, we scored by giving her a Disney princess couch that folds out in a pallette/bed. Everything happens in her couch. This year we gave her the movie, Cars, which she opened and immediately shouted with glee, "Look! It's 'Mater and the Race Cars!!!" I love it! I am definitely the "weak link" in the family as I cannot tell her "no" because she is so precious and fun, and so she is always "Kristy, this and Kristy, that," knowing that I will succumb to her every desire. We played baby dolls, read the same story 5 times, walked Maggie, jumped over cracks, and laughed and sang. Like I said, I love it! Christmas is definitely for kids, and it brings us such joy to celebrate with her.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

She is too cute!

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

awe! she is really so cute! glad yal got to spend some time with her!