Thursday, December 18, 2008

I heart Anna Quindlen

I tend to go through periods of literary obsessions... Lately I have been transferring my Hemingway affections over to another of my favorites, Anna Quindlen. I have a journal with inspiring quotes, and it is filled with pages and pages of hers. Here's one:

"I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves."

Any of you who have been to my home know that my walls need instead to be built-ins... I believe that a home should feel warm and cozy to its inhabitants, and, therefore, should be filled with the things most cherished. For me, it is books. Patrick has actually put me on a "book-buying freeze" in reaction to the "technology freeze" I initiated. But, I digress.

No comments: