Monday, March 13, 2006

Jesse's wedding

The wedding this weekend turned out beautifully. It felt so good to celebrate a couple full of love and commitment that you just KNOW are right for each other, and it was such an honor to be a part of it all. Jesse's uniqueness and talent showed through in every aspect of her special day, but my favorite part of the wedding was the song for the processional: Coldplay's "Fix You." I cried every time I saw the slideshow, every time I heard the song, and especially when her dad, who is in a wheelchair, walked her down the aisle... Definitely have listened to the song a million times since! I also echo what my co-matron of honor said about marriage and just renewing my own commitment to Patrick. Here are a couple of pictures, and I'll post more soon--once I get them: One of our traditions at Auburn weddings is to take an Auburn picture of all of our friends and family who are there.














Lindsay was at the wedding too. One of Jesse's unique ideas was collecting her bouquet from special friends and family as she walked down the aisle. She had each of them sitting in an aisle seat, and at the end of the aisle, her mom tied her flowers together. Lindsay was a special friend/flower girl, and it was a great bonus for Patrick and me to get to spend some time with her and Daniel (as well as Brad, Ben, and Lori--the other flower people) and the rest of the wedding party. It was also wonderful to get to spend some time with the Brinkerhoffs this weekend. Made me miss Auburn. I think I've even got Patrick ready to go for a day during my Spring Break. He loves the Brinks too. I want to post some more pictures of the beautiful bride when I get them, so check back soon!

Jesse and Nick, hope you're having a blast in Hawaii! Love you!

2 comments:

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

of course I will send them to you! I have to kick Jamin off the computer, cause theyre on his. when I do, theyre all yours, gmailer!

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

ps, I am sending you the pics tonight. I shant forget, lovely lady. Im really sad cause I totally was a space cadet at my wedding and didn't get an au pic. wow. I was really a helium head at my wedding. how sad is that?? I can't dwell on it too long or I really start to get mad...talk to ya soon!