Friday, March 08, 2013

Let the Good Times Roll

On Wednesday, I took the girls to one of my old stomping grounds: The Brentwood Skate Center. As I walked in, I was flooded with some of my favorite childhood memories. From the picture below, it looks like Addison was having the time of her life... and she was at this point... but it did not start out that way.  After a couple of wobbly steps and a few minor falls, Addison was begging for her shoes, saying, "I don't care about this one bit. I will NEVER skate. I will NEVER like this. I can't believe you like this." After talking her into going around one time with my mom and one time with me, she still wasn't so sure. We took a break, and then she took off.  I couldn't believe it. She didn't ask for help or want help. Out of sheer determination and a decision that she made, this was her face the rest of the time. When it was time to eat, she scarfed her pizza down faster than anything I've ever seen and raced back out there. When it was time for cookie cake, she simply said, "No, thank you," turned around and raced back out there. We had to drag her off the rink when the party was over. I loved it. Every bit of it. And Mom, Linds, and I totally got our skate on too. :)


We were there to celebrate her cousins' Murphy and Mann turning 6.

She and Savannah stayed with each other and encouraged each other. Addison would stop and help people who fell. She would periodically find me and give me thumbs up. It was hilarious and sweet.

These little girls are just growing up too fast...
These younger two were funny as well. Sawyer loved the music and danced and ran around the whole time. Ansley wasn't sure what to think about it all at first, but by the end, she was doing the same.

Their party favors were these cute roller skating cookies. So appropriate!

As we left the rink, Addison said, "Mom, I think a roller skating party is in my future." We can't wait!

No comments: