Thursday, January 01, 2015

See I am doing a new thing...


I love fresh mercies, new beginnings, blank slates...

Not because I'm super great at goal-setting-list-making-and-checking-offing, but because it breathes freedom to my weary soul. It brings grace. And do-overs.  And I need all of the above.

In the midst of our purging and football watching, I have managed to sneak away for a little "me time/dream time" to reflect, dream, and hope...

Some of our highlights from 2014:
  • moving from our home into an apartment and putting our stuff in storage
  • building a home
  • moving again...
  • going to NYC
  • sending our firstborn off to Kindergarten
  • purging, purging, purging...
As this new year is upon us, we are once again trying to figure our what living intentionally looks like. Keeping it simple. Living on love.

A friend put it succinctly and effectively:
Less phone, more family
Less coke, more water
Less world, more God.

Today marks our first attempt at a Whole30 nutrition plan. We spent October until Thanksgiving learning how to cook and eat on a paleo-ish plan, Thanksgiving through Christmas blowing all of our hard work, and the last couple of days eating all of the food out of our pantry so we could begin anew today... We're hoping it helps with our cravings, my autoimmune symptoms and myofascial pain, Patrick's allergies, and our overall relationship with food...

Besides that, we are carving out some time tonight to dream together about our spiritual, relational, personal, and career goals for the year... Can't wait.

Here's to the dreamers...

Cheers to 2015!


1 comment:

Amy said...

i LOVE this! I, too, have bought my groceries and am planning to get a somewhat paleo diet. I don't know that mine will be as strict as yours, as I'm going to allow myself some processed food as long as it is whole grain (truly whole grain). I would love for you to share your recipes!! And your dreams. It challenges me to take more control of my life and to live intentionally, too. I've neglected my blog for a while, but hope to make a comeback in 2015. HA! Happy new year, friend!