Monday, January 05, 2015

The year of the house...

When I looked back at my "Instagram Best Moments" powered by Iconosquare, I didn't share them because they were all about my house... No Disney trips or babies born or weddings, just grit and dirt and walls and beams... At first I was kind of "meh..." when summing up my year that way, but, boy was it our year of the house...  Since I know we will likely do this again because of our livelihood, I thought it would be fun to document and recount the process so my future self can remember.

That's a lot to document though, so I thought I'd start with our professional photos that Patrick had made for his portfolio...




There've been some changes to the final product, stained ceilings and beams, stained porches, added shutters, but these photos were taken the morning we moved in, and boy do they feel finished.  We've been here 5 1/2 months now, and it feels like home.

Here's an exterior shot of the front...



















Hopefully I can come back and keep documenting more of the process...

No comments: