Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Circa 1999















7 years ago, 3 friends and I embarked on a summer adventure to Charleston, South Carolina. We sublet an apartment from some College of Charleston girls(see pink building picture), took off from our respective colleges (none of which were the same), and made a life for ourselves in this spectacular city. We all got jobs, worked as little as possible to pay the bills, and enjoyed every facet of the city, beaches, and surrounding areas. We made a list of all the things that we wanted to do during our time there, checked them off one by one, and had a blast doing every single thing. There were more good times than bad, and the summer of 1999 was a defining time in my life and in my friendships with these women. I absolutely fell in love with the city and have since then read every book I can find that is set there. (Pat Conroy being my all-time favorite author!) Since our adventure there, I have only been back to visit once, but I have thought about it so often...

In just a few days, Patrick and I are going to Charleston!!! We have had our trip planned for several months now, and we cannot wait. I am going to get to do all the romantic things with him that I dreamed of doing with someone I loved that summer... :) We have a list of restaurants in which to dine, places to visit and tour, and walks to take. I can't wait to show him the Citadel, the CoC, the beautiful antebellum homes, Rainbow Row, Isle of Palms, Folley Beach, and so much more!!! We are staying at a Bed and Breakfast on the Battery (pictured below), and our view is amazing. I'll try to take some good pictures and post them when we get back!

3 comments:

khovater said...

Kristy, you are so right! We spent some time there on our honeymoon and it was wonderful. Such a neat town. If you get a chance drive over to Savannah, Ga. That is also such a wonderfuly fun place to walk, sit and drink coffee with your punkin. Have fun!

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

awe how fun! yall be careful and call me when ya get back so we can waaaaallllkkkkkk.

Katie said...

Kristy, that is so cool that yall just went to Charleston for a summer! I love it there and I hope that you and Patrick had a wonderful trip!
I'm now inspired to do something like that! A road trip with Steph and Leslie to visit you in Montgomery would be awesome! Atleast I'll have to stop for lunch with you next time I'm passing through. I think we are long overdue for one of our ole once every two week meetings.