Sunday, May 21, 2006

So close I can taste it...

Summer, come quick! I have 3 more "pseudo" work days, and then summer will have arrived. Thank the Lord, it couldn't come at a better time. This weekend has felt like summer. I've just felt more relaxed, spent some time outside, and enjoyed life. I've also had a chance to reflect and gather some thoughts and goals for how I want to use these 10 weeks of my life with no Lee High...
1. Time with family. We have a trip planned to Louisville to spend time with the Crawfords, a week in Nashville with the Deans, and an end-of-summer trip to Atlanta with the Crawford, Dean, Meek clan. I'm sure missing my family, so this chunk of time is extremely valuable to me. 2. Vaca... And that's coming quick. Patrick and I will be spending the last few days of May in my favorite city in the US, Charleston. More to come on that later...
3. Get in shape. I'm sick of eating crap and feeling bloaty and lethargic. I WILL do something about it this summer... Get ready, Ash and Aiden, I'll be calling...
4. Get back on track spiritually. I've been stuck and stagnant for too long. I'm ready to live the joy of my Lord. I'm excited about my new "Kristy Crawford" Bible that Patrick got me for "Teacher Appreciation Week" and 7 months of marriage. I'm also excited about a Beth Moore study that I'm planning to be a part of this summer on Thursday nights. It's Patriarchs, and my mom said it was excellent. Any of you Fungomery girls who are interested, let me know, and we'll make a girls' night out of it.
5. Read and Write. I have my list of books for the summer that I'll share with any of you who are interested, and I have an article for Teen Life Ministries that is long overdue. Sorry, Al. It's on "The Value of Women in Ministry."
6. Get Tan! Last summer I hardly used our pool. This summer, it will be a daily occurence. Come swim with me!
7. Use our home and my time for ministry and fellowship. I'm planning Mondays with Landmark teen girls, different age groups each week, swimming, or shopping, or lunching... I hope to have friends and reach-out friends over for cookouts and pool parties too.
8. Friend time. My DLHS homegirls are coming one weekend in June to send Kelly off to Japan, celebrate Andrea's pregnancy, Mindy's new motherhood experiences, and get caught up on our babies and marriages, jobs and interestes and lives in general. Can't wait!!! I'm also looking forward to time with my friends here who I see so rarely.
9. Youth Ministry! I'm going to Cozumel with the Landmark teens. It's my second year to go and work with Ciudad de Angeles. We have a great group going this year, and I can't wait.
10. Cook. I got some great cookbooks as wedding presents, and I'm excited about trying new recipes... Get ready, Patty Crawdy!
11. Learn Spanish. See #9. Last year in Cozumel, I just smiled and giggled. This year I hope to communicate a little better...

Think that's enough? Well, I am excited, and I hope that my excitement drives this! I hope everyone is getting excited about summer...

1 comment:

Caanan said...

I agree with Amy--I really miss Auburn and the great Christian family there.

So... I don't know your plans about coming to Charleston, but if you want a free place to stay, we've got a guest room. You can come and go as you please, and we're only half an hour from downtown Chucktown.