Monday, June 12, 2006

Windfall: My Summer Filler?

Thursday night I watched NBC's new summer show, Windfall. I was intrigued by the show because I am familiar with several of the characters: Dylan McKay from 90210--yes!; Kate Warner from second season 24--the girl whose sister is a terrorist and woos Jack; and Sarah from 24 Season 3--the girl who is wrongly framed for being an insider mole and then demands "two pay grades" in a saucy little voice... Then there is the premise of the show: 20 friends go in for lottery tickets and when they win, they split their winnings of 380,000,000. The show is basically about how the money affects their lives and relationships. I was glued to the tv Thursday night. The jury is still out on how I feel about it, but it will provide me with a summer filler from my tv withdrawals... I hope.

1 comment:

Caanan said...

I watched the pilot and didn't really get hooked. This summer's new shows for me will be the 4400 on USA and the Closer on TNT. They're in their third and second seasons, respectively. The Closer wouldn't be hard to figure out, while the 4400 is a bit intense and hard to follow at times (it's been a while since I've seen it and I can't remember all the story lines).