I love all kinds of friendships for the variety of functions and purposes that they serve, but there is something special about old friends...
This past Saturday, and old friend came down to Montgomery for the day. We had the best time talking and hanging out, and I couldn't believe how fast the time passed. It was one of the most refreshing days that I've had in a long time, and it made me think of all the reasons why I love old friends.
1. Old friends know where you have you have been. They know your history, so you don't have to qualify answers or reasons for things.
2. You can pick up right where you left off fairly effortlessly. Time stops.
3. Old friends have supported you through crises, celebrated your happiness, and mourned your sadness.
4. You have been through many phases of life together: high school and all of the corresponding drama, college and major life decisions, disappointments in jobs and other friends, sad break-ups, exciting marriage journeys, deaths and new lifes.
5. You never have to guess where you stand or try to impress. You can just completely be yourself and know that you love and are loved.
Thank God for special friends...