Thursday, August 03, 2006

Marley and Me



With school lurking around the corner, I am trying to pack in all of the summer pleasure reading that I can this week. I just finished a GREAT book, Marley and Me. Great books to me are books that evoke all types of emotions, books that you laugh out loud to one minute--and then sob to a few minutes later. This was definitely one of those books, and I'd recommend it to any of you dog lovers out there... Maggie was sleeping soundly on my stomach as I tearfully finished it, and it just made me want to soak in all of her and what she has brought and will bring into our family. (Thanks, Linds, for letting me borrow it, I'll bring it to ATL this weekend. And, Mom, when you read this, I think you will be hooked into getting another dog--Cassie, rest in peace. <>< :> )

6 comments:

Jesse Faris said...

I LOVED THAT BOOK! Man oh man, I was so sad to finish it.

Cristin Claire said...

Gosh, I guess Walt and I need to get a dog as soon as we get married! I really want one like yours!!!!

Katie said...

Kristy, (this message is in response to your last several entries.) I hope you are taking full advantage of this tax free back to school weekend! Good luck with getting ready for classes to start! My school starts Monday and I really like your new outfit idea! Also, Maggie is the cutest thing!! That is so hilarious that Sadie gave her presents. Aww... I can only imagine what it will be like when you and Lindsay have babies! I'm glad that you liked Marley and Me. I've thought about reading it but didn't know if I could handle a sad one.

Jenny said...

NO MORE DEAD DOGS by Gordon Korman is also a good read. ;)

Love ya, K. Thanks for the fan. Chris is basking in it right now. Our old house needs better insulation! It's too hot!!!!

Kristy said...

Cristin, you need to get a bichon! I have some breeder info when you get interested. :)

Katie, oh, you must read it! It's only sad at the end; it's mostly hilarious and touching...

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

ok saw that guy on good morning america. I need to check him out!