Monday, August 15, 2011

Favorite Summer Meal

We have a new favorite meal at the Crawford house, and I owe my friend Reid for this one:

Lime Butter Tilapia
Sweet Potato Fries
Zucchini Sticks

Salivate on this:
The first step in creating this deliciousness was making the lime butter. To do that, combine
  • 4 T butter (I use this:)
  • 1 shallot, chopped
  • 2 T cilantro, chopped
  • zest of 1 lime
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
It'll look something like this:

Then you use 1 T of the mix per tilapia filet.
Cook in skillet for 4-5 minutes on each side.
Then put another little dollop (1t) on your cooked fish. All of this=heavenly!

I paired it with homemade sweet potato fries. I just peeled the potato, cut into fry-sized pieces, and salted, peppered, and doused with olive oil. I baked them at 450 for 25 minutes and flipped them about halfway into it.
Then I made zucchini sticks by slicing each zucchini into 8 pieces. I doused them with olive oil, shook panko crumbs over them, and salted and peppered them. I cooked them with the potatoes at the same temp for the same length of time.
Patrick liked it so much he asked if we could have it again the next night. So we did. Hope you try it and like it as much as we did!

No comments: