Saturday, October 08, 2011

Creating Art

"The object isn't to make art, it's to be in that wonderful state which makes art inevitable." ~Robert Henri

Last Saturday night, we were sitting in our living room (that we've dubbed "the cove") watching the Alabama game--Patrick, whole-heartedly, me, distractedly (I was working on addressing Save-the-Dates for a friend's upcoming wedding).

Alabama did something good, and Patrick tried to get my attention to watch the replay. I ignored him. Sort of on principle, but I was also in the zone. He called me out on my non-reply, and I said this:

1. I don't even watch MY game's replays... and
2. I am creating art.

I held up these:



(This "art" may be a stretch for some, but it is my creative outlet for sure.)

He laughed and said, "Good point. You're right. I don't even have an argument."

It was a great Saturday night.

1 comment:

Cary said...

I've always thought that your brand of calligraphy was incredibly beautiful.