Saturday, November 12, 2011

Fall Break in Alabama

This year for Fall Break, we headed down to Alabama. We spent the weekend with out dear friends the Blackburns, and on Saturday, we spent the day in Auburn at my Chi Omega Reunion. Our whole fam was planning to go, but Ansley got a little sick on Saturday morning, so Patrick stayed with her, and I took my big girl with me. To say she was excited was an understatement:
I LOVED getting to reconnect with these ladies. It refreshed me so much to still be so proud to be a part of such a neat organization. These women are still the ones I would choose to do life with if our paths crossed in the same towns. They are interesting, kind, smart, and they have super cute kids.

These are my roommates who were there with our kids.

Here are some more with kids.

When we got back to Montgomery that afternoon, we made cupcakes to celebrate all of our kids' birthdays.

They all turned 3 and 1 within 11 weeks of each other. We blew out candles and opened presents and played hard.
We got to go to our old church from Patrick's youth ministry days on Sunday and reconnect with some old friends, and before we came home we had one more photo op.
We love getting to see the Blackburns. They really are more like family than friends, and our kids love each other. Oliver introduced Addison to neighbors and church kids as "his best friend." We are so thankful to get to raise our kids together!

It was a perfect getaway.

No comments: