Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Needing some more of HIS Power...

in our little girl's weakness this week. It's been a traumatic one for her.

She loves school typically. Miss Mary Jean and Miss Ann have been like 3rd and 4th grandmothers to her, and she would get so excited to see them each morning. She became so attached. So did they.

This week she moved up to a new class...with new teachers, new toys, new everything. She naps on a cot and has to feed herself completely independently. She has cried all day--off and on--for 2 days straight. When they took her on a walk yesterday to come see me, it made it even worse... She ate all of her lunch the first day, but today she hardly ate anything. I saw her at the pep rally, and all was good. She was dancing and laughing and clapping, and she didn't even cry when she saw me. When we got home, though, she ran immediately to her chair, said "up," "gogur" (yogurt), and then scarfed it down. Then she asked for a "bar." Then she ate goldfish... Poor baby. At least she gets to spend the day with her Jaydee tomorrow.

I also have a nutrition question for any of you moms with any advice. Vegetables??? LOVED LOVED LOVED her some baby food vegetables. Now, NADA. Liked green beans the first time--refuses them now. Liked carrots the first time--GAGS at them now. Brocolli with cheese is hit or miss... Any suggestions??? They are welcome here for sure!

6 comments:

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

ha. when you get some suggestions let me know. my kids are all picky. we started out strong and now we're in a rut for sure. I hope she does better at school! Shes such a beautiful big girl!

Anonymous said...

My heart breaks for little Addison! Poor girl! We will continue to keep you all in our prayers.

As for the veggies... sometimes I'll mash up green veggies (like peas) in with mashed potatoes. It seems to work really well.Does she like sweet potatoes? Always a good option! :)

Kristy said...

Aw, thanks April, that's sweet. No peas... she's refused them from the start. Sweet potatoes were great at first, but no more... I'm racking my brains.

I told her last night that we were going to Jaydee's, and this morning, she woke up saying "Jaydee's house!" Sweet girl!

Kimberly said...

Henry did the same thing when he moved up to a new class. It lasted less than a week. Hope the same for your little one.

Henry loved rice ans I was able to mix mashed up vegetables in rice to get him to eat them. Does she eat spagetti? I chop up diced carrots, squash, etc. and cook it in the sauce.

Kelley Brown said...

Sad! She'll adjust soon, but I know it breaks your heart. :) On the veggies...I can't get Carter to eat any! He used to do well but is boycotting them all. I did get him to eat bite size celery bit with peanut butter the other day. And he'll still eat sweet potatoes. I'll check back for tips you get!

Christy said...

Poor Addy... It's very hard on them when they change everything like that. It's quite a transition. It took Isabella 2 weeks to get on schedule with them. Hang in there! It will be worth it. Isabella's become more independent.

Isabella does pretty well with vegetables, but she does the best if there's any kind of sauce on them and they're offered first (when she's hungriest.) I'll give her a homemade chicken pot pie or pasta with a sauce and veggies. She definitely ate them better earlier on, but I try to give her variety so she doesn't get bored. Maybe try something colorful and chop it small... bell peppers or eggplant? Isabella will eat stuff like that mixed in with other things. We'll make pizza with lots of veggies, and Isabella loves that. Hope that's helpful. It's a struggle... oh, I did get a cookbook, How to cheat on your kids in the kitchen, it's about how to hide good stuff in favorite foods. Not bad, but a little extra work pureeing foods.