Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day Loot

I truly love being a mom. I count it as one of my greatest blessings and could go on and on about it. I also think that my mom is the best one out there--just like most of you. The more life I experience, the more I realize that I want to be just like her. Our Sunday celebration was special and wonderful, but we shared all the sentimental stuff with each other personally. On here, I just want to share my loot! :)

At school Addison made me a picture with her handprints and a poem on it. It was crazy to see how much bigger her hands are this year than they were last year at this time. Patrick organized cards to give me from him, Addison, and the baby, and all were so sweet. He and Addison also gave me this:
I was sort of over my former phone, the blackberry pearl. Over the course of 2 years, being constantly accessible to the world had lost its luster. Thankfully, our loyalty to tmobile keeps us from being tempted into the iphone world, but nevertheless, I needed a new phone. Addison helped out my cause by repeatedly dropping my phone on concrete... so, Friday night, we went out and picked out this and I LOVE IT!
Patrick and Addison also gave me a gift certificate for a pedicure which I can't wait to treat myself to. Any new OPI recommendations? My fallback favorite is "20 candles on my cake," but I'd like to try something new this time. (P.S., these are not my toes... just a pic I found.)
My mom gave me the new James Dobson book on Bringing up Girls which I know I will read, earmark, and reread in all of the years to come. (BTW, I am currently reading Parenting by the Book by John Rosemond, and I HIGHLY recommend it!)

Hope all you ladies had a special day of honor!

3 comments:

Haley said...

Thanks for the book recommendations. I am trying to do better about reading "extra" stuff. I had no idea Dr Dobson had written this! Guess I need both versions. When do you find out what you are having?

Haley said...

BTW, are there any devotionals you've done lately that you recommend? I am looking for a good one. I have my faithful "Streams in the Desert" with me at all times and I think you were the one who told me about that one in college.

Kristy said...

H--I just saw your recent post about The Help, and I too LOVED that book. We will find out the sex in June. I'm excited! Because I come from a family of 2 girls, I cannot imagine not having another one, but I'd, of course, be thrilled to have a boy as well. I know God will give us what we need--just praying and praying for healthiness.

As for quick devotional reads, I have really enjoyed The Jesus Calling over the past couple of years. I also recently completed Beth Moore's Esther study which was the best thing I've studied in a LONG time. Right now I feel plagued with reading AP essays, so I look forward to my summertime reads. I'd love any recommendations you have too!