This iphone picture doesn't do it justice, but at least it gives a visual.
2 large chicken breasts (I used some from my freezer)
1 8oz desired pasta (I used bow-tie.)
3/4 tsp salt, divided
3/4 tsp black pepper, divided
2 Tbsp olive oil
3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tsp minced garlic
1 cup milk of choice (I used soy milk)
1 cup chicken broth
3 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated (about 3/4 cup)
4 cups fresh spinach leaves
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Prepare chicken however you choose. (I baked mine drizzled in olive oil and sprinkled with 1/4 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp of pepper.) Shred or cube.
- Cook pasta until tender. Drain well, and keep warm.
- Heat skillet on med-high heat. Add oil to pan, and swirl to coat. Add flour and garlic, and cook for about 2 minutes while you keep stirring.
- Add milk and broth and stir with a whisk for about two minutes (or until it thickens).
- Add half a cup of cheese, remaining 1/2 tsp of salt and pepper.
- Once cheese melts, add spinach and tomatoes, and cook until spinach wilts.
- Add chicken and pasta. Toss to combine.
- Top each bowl with remaining parmesan cheese.
(Before I added cheese, I separated some of the sauce and used Ansley's tapioca cheese for hers. It wasn't a big hit with her, but it least it didn't exclude her from our dinner plans.)