Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A Pilly Update and a Tangent on Nicknames


Here are pictures of the Pillar (yeah, I called my daughter the Pillar--I'll explain below.) at 7 months and 8 months. It's getting harder and harder to get this little one to stay still. She's crawling fast and furiously, pulling up, dancing (her favorites tunes being "Boom Boom Pow" and "Kiss me through the Phone"--ghetto girl, I know, she gets it honest), squealing, and talking incessantly. She's even trying to learn how to snap. Now that she's mobile, I spend my days chasing her, shooing her away from Maggie's food and toys, the door stops, the air vents, and my shoes... She's a busy little thing! She still has no teeth, so anything and everything falls prey to her mouth of vengeance. She even tried to eat the man sitting next to us at church's watch on Sunday. I was so embarrassed. Bless her. If one doesn't come soon, I'm looking into Baby Dentures, poor thing... I have loved these past few weeks and months. She's a sponge--soaking up everything that surrounds her. Her favorite times of the day are bath time, puff time, and reading time. I thank God for this little girl daily.

So, Addison has acquired many nicknames already in her short life--so many that I'm not sure where some of them even began or what they have been derived from. P has to remind me that we want our daughter to respond to being called Addison or Addy, so I have to keep myself in check, but he has become almost as bad as me in the nickname department. Some of her nicknames that I've randomly, subconsciously called her are Addison Person, Addisonian, [the] Little Person, Addy Crawdy, and Addypillar which became [the] Pillar and has now evolved into Pilly. She's going to beg me to stop one day.

I get it honest. My dad is the nickname guru. To this day he calls me "Reno" every once in a while. It began as "Kris-a-reno" and was shortened to "Reno." Other nicknames I've gone by have been Kris, Kirsty, KD, Dean, Deaner, Whoopi, PB, Deandrone, but none have been as endearing to me as "Reno."

Poor Lindsay's are wild. Dad called her Linds-a-belle which became "Belle" which became "Belly-welly" which she really hated but even-more-so when it was shortened to "Belly." She's also been Little Dean, Litter Bug, Lit, Intsy, and Linds-a-doodle.

Patrick is Patty Crawdy, Pidilidatrick, Padatrick, Crawdaddy--just to name a few...

I can't help it. I even have them for my friends... They are my terms of endearment.

***Edited Note*** I just realized that I left off my FAVORITE nickname of mine to date--"Kiki." This is how my precious niece "Vanni" hears and speaks my name. I LOVE it. Once she said it, I told Lindsay that I don't ever want her to learn to say, "Kristy." I love how Kiki sounds. It's eccentric, don't you think. Eli Stapler has adopted calling me Kiki too...

8 comments:

Sarah Armstrong said...

Oh she's SOOOOO cute!! I have to ask - what is puff time???

Tiffany Norris said...

We are big fans of nicknames (or nick-nack names as my niece calls them) in our family, too. Jason's family doesn't do that AT ALL, and they probably still think we're a little weird. ha

Kristy said...

Sarah, "puff time" is just when after she finishes her fruits/veggies, she gets to eat some of those puff snacks. She starts shaking, squealing, sometimes grunting with excitement. It's wild. :)

Anonymous said...

I love little Addypillar and all of your creative nicknames! She is getting so big. I can't wait to give her a big hug when we get home. Speaking of nicknames, "Vanni" has really missed her best friend this week! She is still saying "Kiki and Addy, (where) are you?"

Love you tons,
Litter Bug :)

Jesse Faris said...

Addison Person has been a personal favorite to hear you say. Very KDCish. ;)

Loved reading the nicknames--funny think back to what we all called you and Linds in college as well. Good times.

(You forgot Maggie's nicknames!)

Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...

We do that with nick-names too. Even Lucy does it and has given our boys names that we still call them. Tell P don't worry about her responding to her own name... She won't go to kindergarten saying, "I'm Pilly!" :-) All part of the fun of being a parent... getting to embarass the stew out of our children as they grow up!

H Vest said...

Nolan is less than a week old and he's already Noley Poley :) Loved catching up on your blog today. So glad your summer has been so full of fun!

Jenny said...

PRISSY!