Thursday, December 08, 2011

Christmas Favorites: Music Addition

I love Christmas music and would listen to it all year if I could. My new favorites are these albums:
My favorite songs are "Under the Mistletoe" and his version of "Little Drummer Boy" with Busta Rhymes.
We bought this album after he performed on The TODAY Show right before Thanksgiving. I asked Addison if she knew who he was, and she said, "Yeah. That's Justin Bever. Avery has Bever Fever." When I asked her if she knew what that was, she replied with a sad face, "Yeah. It's when you get real real sick because you love the Bever so much." I could not stop laughing. I asked her if she had it, and she said, "Oh no, but maybe when she is big--like when she is 4."
We also love Michael Buble's new Christmas album. Who doesn't, right?
My forever favorites are the Amy Grant classics, "Tender Tennessee Christmas" and "Breath of Heaven." I remember memorizing the words to the first one and wishing I was Amy herself.
In college, some of my favorite memories include riding around with Jesse and/or Ashley and listening to these 2 songs on repeat.
"Come, Thou Long Expected Jesus" by Sandra McCracken and Derek Webb (If you are not familiar with this version of this song, go listen to it on Grooveshark. I promise you will listen to it on repeat. It is just beautiful to my soul. :))
"Wintersong" by Sarah McLaughlin
They are still some of my favorites. In fact, my study hall has heard "Come Thou, Long Expected Jesus," about 5 times already. :) Let me know if there are others that I would LOVE to add to my playlist!

1 comment:

Tiffany Norris said...

Got one of the Michael Buble songs for free (from Starbucks maybe?)--LOVE it! We also found a Nettwerk Holiday Sampler last year that is awesome, but I'm not sure where it came from. :S