Sunday, October 06, 2013

Birthday Sunday

One of my favorite things about my church, Otter Creek, is the way that they celebrate and honor the Birthdays of the children. The first Sunday of each month, they call all of the children whose Birthdays fall in that month up on stage--kids in the range if ones who are celebrating their first birthdays all the way up to those celebrating their 18th Birthdays. Then they sing the Birthday song followed by a verse of "May The Lord Bless You." It is really so special.

Today my upcoming almost 3-year-old celebrated her Birthday Sunday.


Her sister was excited for her.


Patrick and I are so thankful to be raising our girls in such a loving church. This Birthday Sunday is a small thing that has a big impact. It's a way to make a big church feel a little bit smaller. 

Loved celebrating this October girl's Birthday month!

1 comment:

April said...

I meant to tell you yesterday that I love love love Addison's outfit! I wish they made that in my size! So adorable :)