Friday, October 04, 2013

Holidays are more fun with festive shirts

Today, I am celebrating being festive. Since my house is on the market, and I am not bringing out all of my fall decorations, I decided that I'd overcompensate in the fashion department. ;)

I went to Hobby Lobby this week because I saw that all of their Halloween fabrics was on sale and picked up these cute designs.

I had already purchased two long-sleeved black shirts from Dharma Trading Co back when I bought back to school shirts and Stuff for Disney sewing.

I also restocked my sewing closet with Heat and Bond,

And then scoured Pinterest for an appliqué idea.

I loved this one:

So, I pulled out my mom's old Singer (since I have yet to learn my new machine) and used a simple zig-zag stitch to make these two shirts for my two little soon-to-be festive girls. 


Think we'll celebrate with a playground party tonight! 

No comments: