Friday, October 18, 2013

Celebrating Milestones

This week was a big one for my little girl: with her third Birthday approaching, she went to the dentist for the first time.

 I scheduled her first appointment for the same time that her big sis would be getting her teeth cleaned. I thought that might give her some confidence. I had no idea what to expect from her because Addison's first experience at the dentist produced tears, screams, and defiance from my strong-willed girl. 

Before we left, I overheard Addison giving Ansley a pep talk. She told her that she wished she hadn't been so scared because the dentist really was nice and the toothpaste tasted so good and the prizes were so worth sucking it up and having a good attitude. I saw Ansley just nod her head.

Well, whatever Addsion said totally did the trick! Ansley rocked her first dentist visit like a champ! She let them clean and scrape and do a full exam. She was very quiet, but se didn't flinch or shed a tear.
Both girls did great and got great reports! We celebrated no cavities with a Pei Wei lunch with Daddy!

No comments: